The Wireless M-Bus Range Extender is a compact and cost-effective device that collects wireless M-Bus messages from utility meters and forwards them to a LoRaWAN® network.
This product extends significantly the range of systems and allows filtering those messages by Manufacturer ID (M-field) and Sender Address (A-field) to select specific groups of measuring instruments.
This device acts as a bridge between wireless M-Bus and LoRa® and allows a flexible configuration of calendar events for WM-Bus reception intervals and status messages as well as device filtering by Manufacturer ID and Device ID (whitelist). The configuration can be managed Over-The-Air via LoRa® messages or via wired serial interface.
Beside the Wireless M-Bus functionality the firmware supports a LoRaWAN® compliant protocol stack as well as a proprietary LoRa® stack for wireless Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint communication.
- WM-Bus S and combined C/T Mode supported
- WM-Bus telegram format: A and B
- LoRaWAN® Activation: ABP and OTA
- EU868 LoRaWAN® Compliant (v.1.0.2)
- Flexible configuration of calendar events and device whitelist
- Confirmed Upload of WM-Bus messages
- Ultra low power for long battery life
- Automated Meter Reading
- Home and Building Automation
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Smart Cities