The Wireless M-Bus Range Extender is a compact and cost-effective device that collects wireless M-Bus messages from utility meters and forwards them to a LoRaWAN® network.
The Range Extender allows a flexible configuration of calendar events for Wireless M-Bus reception windows as well as device filtering by Manufacturer ID and Device ID to select specific groups of meters. Even large Wireless M-Bus messages with maximum payload size can be forwarded with LoRaWAN® radio packets by means of an integrated segmentation and reassembly protocol.
This LoRaWAN certified device includes a long life Lithium battery which ensures in combination with the new ultra-low power radio module iM881A-XL a life time of up to 10 years and more.
The configuration can be managed Over-The-Air via LoRa® messages (on request) or via wired serial interface.
- WM-Bus S and combined C/T Mode supported
- WM-Bus telegram format: A and B
- LoRaWAN® Activation: ABP and OTA
- EU868 LoRaWAN® Compliant (v.1.0.2)
- Flexible configuration of calendar events and device whitelist
- Confirmed Upload of WM-Bus messages
- Ultra low power for long battery life
- Automated Meter Reading
- Home and Building Automation
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Smart Cities