The Starter Kit is a plug & play solution to explore the features and capabilities of the WiMOD radio modules. The kit contains two demo boards and two radio modules soldered on specific adapter boards. The modules are pre-programmed with a demo application to evaluate wireless connectivity.
- 2x demo board
- 2x module specific adapter board
- 2x radio module soldered on the adapter board
- 2x external antenna
- 2x USB cable
- 4x battery
The demo board is the basic platform of the Starter Kit and provides several functional units. These units include power supply, USB interface, and diverse input and output elements, such as push buttons, DIP switches, potentiometer, and LEDs. In addition all pads of the attached radio module can be accessed via pin connectors.
Connection between the radio module and the demo board is established via a module-specific adapter board. The radio module is soldered on the adapter board which is attached to the demo board through pin connectors. The adapter board also has an SMA jack connected to the RF output of the radio module, which can be used to connect an external antenna (or RF measuring and test equipment).
By using the adapter boards all WiMOD radio modules can be attached to the same demo board. In that way an easy comparison between the modules is achieved to determine which one is the best for a target product. The adapter boards including the appropriate radio modules can be ordered seperately to expand the Starter Kit.
- compact radio module for 2.4 GHz
- wake on radio (WOR1) functionallity with low power consumption *
- RF datarate from 2.4 kbps up to 250 kbps (500 kbps on demand)
- 128-bit AES security coprocessor *
- received signal strength indicator (RSSI 2 )
- UART and SPI interface (SPI only on demand)
- sample applications available
- bootloader functionallity included
- software and pin-compatible to the iM820A
- small footprint, solderable like a SMD component
- integrated PCB antenna or 50 Ω pad
- RoHS conform
- locking systems
- batterie driven sensor-and actuator-systems
- remote control
- building automation
|Frequency range:||2401 MHz to 2482 MHz|
|Channel spacing:||1 MHz (further on demand)|
|RF output power:||typ. 0 dBm (50Ω Pad)|
|Receiver sensitivity:||typ. -101 dBm @ 1 % PER3 & 2.4 kbps
typ. -88 dBm @ 1 % PER & 250 kbps
typ. -80 dBm @ 1 % PER & 500 kbps
|RF datarate:||2.4 kbps - 500 kbps|
|RF range:||up to 500 m|
|Operating voltage:||2.3 V to 3.6 V (typ. 3.0 V)|
|Current consumption:||typ. 23 mA (receive)
typ. 26 mA (transmit @ 0 dBm)
typ. 5 mA (µC active, transceiver off)
typ. 1 µA (power down)
|Interfaces:||6 general purpose IOs (analog/digital)
9 digital IOs
|UART, typ. 38.4 kBaud (further on demand)
|Dimension (LxWxH):||20 x 25 x 5 mm|
|Operating temperature:||-20°C to +70°C|
1 WOR = Wake-On-Radio
2 RSSI = Received Signal Strength Indicator
3 PER = Packet-Error-Rate; packet size = 20 Byte
* This functionality is not part of the standard firmware and only available on demand.
** The sample apps are not supported any more.
Subject to changes without notice.