The iM240B is a compact wireless module for the globally available 2.4 GHz frequency band.
The module has superb HF performance, resulting in a link budget of approx. 104 dB. Accordingly, high ranges (> 500m) can be achieved at a data rate of 250 kbps. The quality of the radio link can be evaluated using field strength measurement (RSSI1).
In addition to an IEEE 802.15.4 transceiver and a microcontroller, it features an integrated PCB antenna. Of course you can get the module with a 50Ω port for connecting an external antenna. The iM240B can be soldered directly on the target hardware just as usual SMD components.
The integration of an RF system in a new or existing product is therefore significant simplified, which reduces development time, risk and costs.
- compact radio module for 2.4 GHz
- huge link budget (104 dB) @ 250 kbps
- RF datarate up to 250 kbps
- compliant to IEEE 802.12.4
- received signal strength indicator (RSSI)
- sample applications available
- bootloader functionallity included
- 2-wire interface (TWI2) *, compatible to Philips l²C protocol
- solderable like a SMD component
- integrated PCB antenna or 50Ω pad
- RoHS conform
- building automation
- remote control
|Frequency range:||2405 MHz to 2480MHz|
|Modulation:||DSSS with O-QPSK|
|RF output power:||typ. 3 dBm (50Ω Pad)|
|Receiver sensitivity:||typ. -101 dBm @ PER3|
|RF datarate:||250 kbps|
|RF range:||up to 700 m line of sight|
|Operating voltage:||2 V to 3.6 V (typ. 3.0 V)|
|Current consumption:||typ. 20 mA (receive)
typ. 22 mA (transmit @ 0 dBm)
typ. 4 mA (µC active, transceiver off)
typ. 1 µA (power down)
|Interfaces:||6 general purpose IOs (analog/digital/l²C)
3 digital IOs
2 analog input, 1 analog reference
|UART, typ. 38.4 kBaud (further on demand)
2-wire Serial Interface (Philips l²C compatible) *
|Dimension (LxWxH):||20 x 32.5 x 5 mm|
|Operating temperature:||-20°C to +70°C|
1 RSSI = Received Signal Strength Indicator
2 TWI = 2-Wire serial interface
3 PER = Packet-Error-Rate; packet size = 20 Byte
* This functionality is not part of the standard firmware and only available on demand.
Subject to changes without notice.