The iM221A is a compact wireless module for the globally available 2.4 GHz frequency band.
Thanks to specific transceiver properties, the iM221A supports low-power applications where permanent wireless availability is required. Its integrated 128-bit AES coprocessor makes this module is particularly appropriate for security-related applications. It has a transceiver, microcontroller and an integrated PCB antenna. Of course you can get the module with a 50Ω port for connecting an external antenna. The iM221A can be soldered directly on the target hardware just as usual SMD components.
The integration of an RF system in a new or existing product is therefore significant simplified, which reduces development time, risk, and costs. With the iM820A, a pin-compatible module for the 868 MHz frequency band is available.
We also provide software to control the wireless communication and permit the implementation of common use cases. The UART interface connects to a host system via host controller interface (HCI) and allows simple configuration of the wireless and application parameters. Software updates are also made via UART interface using a bootloader already integrated into the module. We offer customizing to special requirements as a service.
WiMOD firmware - standard applications (AppStarterKit):
- Chat – bi-directional data transfer between two or more modules
- Radio Link Test – qualitative assessment of the radio link between two modules
- Remote Control – remote switching of outputs at the remote module
- Sensor Control – sensor data transmission between two or more modules
- Sensor Network – sensor network with a central data logge
WiMOD-firmware - sample applications (SampleApps **):
- Transparent Data Exchange – transparent data channel for cable replacement
- Remote Control – simple remote control application
- Range Demo – simple range test
For a fast start-up a Starter Kit is available, with which the functions
and the range of application of the WiMOD module can be evaluated.
- compact radio module for 2.4 GHz
- wake on radio (WOR1) functionallity with low power consumption *
- RF datarate from 2.4 kbps up to 250 kbps (500 kbps on demand)
- 128-bit AES security coprocessor *
- received signal strength indicator (RSSI 2 )
- UART and SPI interface (SPI only on demand)
- sample applications available
- bootloader functionallity included
- software and pin-compatible to the iM820A
- small footprint, solderable like a SMD component
- integrated PCB antenna or 50 Ω pad
- RoHS conform
- locking systems
- batterie driven sensor-and actuator-systems
- remote control
- building automation
|Frequency range:||2401 MHz to 2482 MHz|
|Channel spacing:||1 MHz (further on demand)|
|RF output power:||typ. 0 dBm (50Ω Pad)|
|Receiver sensitivity:||typ. -101 dBm @ 1 % PER3 & 2.4 kbps
typ. -88 dBm @ 1 % PER & 250 kbps
typ. -80 dBm @ 1 % PER & 500 kbps
|RF datarate:||2.4 kbps - 500 kbps|
|RF range:||up to 500 m|
|Operating voltage:||2.3 V to 3.6 V (typ. 3.0 V)|
|Current consumption:||typ. 23 mA (receive)
typ. 26 mA (transmit @ 0 dBm)
typ. 5 mA (µC active, transceiver off)
typ. 1 µA (power down)
|Interfaces:||6 general purpose IOs (analog/digital)
9 digital IOs
|UART, typ. 38.4 kBaud (further on demand)
|Dimension (LxWxH):||20 x 25 x 5 mm|
|Operating temperature:||-20°C to +70°C|
1 WOR = Wake-On-Radio
2 RSSI = Received Signal Strength Indicator
3 PER = Packet-Error-Rate; packet size = 20 Byte
* This functionality is not part of the standard firmware and only available on demand.
** The sample apps are not supported any more.
Subject to changes without notice.