The well-known analog electricity meters are increasingly being replaced by intelligent measuring systems fitted with optical interface (partly compliant with IEC62056-21 and SML). However, utilities do not provide the gathered data in detail or any consumption patterns and therefore an efficient management of the facility is not possible.
The optical unit iO881A can be attached magnetically to the smart meter to read out the infrared interface, extract the desired values and transfer those to the LoRaWAN® network with a period defined by the user.
It is suitable for private users and companies to monitor the total consumption of electrical devices within a property as well as to manage the feed-in from photovoltaic systems.
The user friendly configuration tool offers an easy way to modify the radio-, calendar- and filter- settings at any time. All those benefits turn into a far greater and more detailed feedback regarding energy use and more efficient management of resources.
- EU868 LoRaWAN® Compliant (v.1.0.2)
- LoRaWAN® Activation: ABP and OTAA
- Dual colored status LED, push button
- Flexible configuration via PC-tool
- Optional direct mode (infrared to local USB interface)
- LoRa® modulation with range of up to 10 km (LoS)
- Cloud based readout of supported meters
- Online visualization of power consumption
- Calendar function for time dependent settings
- Easy to use local USB interface of iO881A
- iO881A optical interface head
- 868 MHz antenna with 2 m cable and MMCX connector
- USB cable 1.8 m (male A to male Micro B)