Following on the success of the LoRa® product portfolio, IMST GmbH presents the new LoRaWAN® certified WM-Bus Range Extender to collect Wireless M-Bus messages from utility meters and foward them to a LoRaWAN® network.
“The LoRa® modulation is a perfect mean to increase the range of wireless communication systems. The new WM-Bus Range Extender combines two modulation technics and communication protocol stacks in one single device.” says Heinz Syrzisko, head of the Wireless Solutions department. “The integrated memory and the ultra-low power mode provided by the new iM881A-XL radio module ensure a long battery life of up to 10 years and more.”
This product allows filtering Wireless M-Bus messages by Manufacturer ID (M-field) and Sender Address (A-field) to select specific groups of meters. The intelligent calender enables a flexible configuration of events and repetition interval (minutes, hours, days, weeks…). Even large WM-Bus messages can be forwarded with LoRaWAN® radio packets by means of an integrated segmentation and reassembly protocol.
- WM-Bus S and combined C/T Mode supported
- WM-Bus telegram format: A and B
- LoRaWAN® Activation: ABP and OTAA
- EU868 LoRaWAN® compliant
- Flexible configuration of calendar events and device whitelist
- Confirmed upload of WM-Bus messages
- Ultra low power for long battery life
- Automated Meter Reading
- Home and Building Automation
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Smart Cities